THE MESSAGE NOW
Vol. 3, No. 29 – Monday, 16th July, 2018
HOLD ON AND HOLD OUT
Welcome to another edition of The Message Now. Much praise to the ever faithful God who has never ceased to give us words and insight to encourage us through the medium of this magazine. Please note that all the above verses are necessary for our spiritual consumption through diligent reading and purposeful meditation.
When seeking what lectures to attend on the subject of holding on and not just holding on but also holding out, the best lecture room will no doubt be that of Abraham, the friend of the Almighty (Rom.4:17-25).
Note dear believer that elasticity in faith is a key component of being a companion of God Almighty. Those who possess this spiritual character of elasticity in faith are the ones who will reign with Him in the end.
Several voices both from within me and from without greeted my days as a Ph.D student. Their messages were obvious: quit this tempestuous programme. Humanly speaking, I gave it all up but God in me refused.
Is it not shocking that nothing sensible was put down by me in writing until about the 35th month of the 36-month-Ph.D programme? I remember that faithful Sunday morning, a lady who had been a serious drug-addict but who was now delivered by God ministered to us.
The central theme of her song ministration was ‘hold on’. The message was direct—I knew God was speaking to me. Those days were the most bitter days of my Ph.D programme. But having listen to that touching ministration, I made up my mind to hold tightly to the garments of the Almighty to see me through that phase of my life.
One thing is certain: so long as God is in that journey with you, even at the last hour (not even the eleventh) God will show up as your deliverer and helper.
It is already our annual mid-year prayer and fasting again. Maybe so far on this sixth or seventh day of the prayer and fasting, you are yet to receive that expected end from the never failing God. Just be still and know that He is God and you can be sure that He will be exalted in that situation of yours (Ps.46:10).
IN THE END, HOLDING ON TO GOD’S SPOKEN OR WRITTEN PROMISE MEANS EXERCISING UNWAVERING CONFIDENCE IN JEHOVAH’S INTEGRITY. BUT HOLDING OUT MEANS STICKING TO JEHOVAH AND HIS PROMISE UNTIL DEATH (Ps.48:14). AND EVEN AFTER DEATH IF POSSIBLE.
Question and Answer Session:
Question: How old was Eli when he died?
Answer: 98 (1 Sam.4:15).
Counselling, Prayers and Appointments: Please contact email@example.com or 08098198155.
Donations and Financial Supports – Please support the Kingdom of God through Christ Jesus by paying your hard-earned money to only this one account and no other: Express Image Glory Ministry, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Account number – 0020881228.
Further information: Be informed that this Ministry has only one Facebook page and no other. Any other facebook page or account is counterfeit. The pastor of this Ministry therefore pleads and urges you to desist from all such fake and ungodly facebook pages or accounts. Be informed also that there is only one medium for soliciting donations and that medium is via our weekly magazine – The Message Now through our facebook page or website: www.expressimageglory.com
Backslidden – living in sin – needing fresh recommitment (say):
Christ Jesus, You are the Anointed One of the Most High. I come to you today as I am. In your mercy, help me out of my situation. Heal my soul, my spirit, my body, my life and my destiny. I acknowledge you as the only true lover of my soul. Please, deliver me on every side and save me through and through. I promise from the depth of my soul to be yours from henceforth, in Jesus name. Help me now O God. Be my Lord, my Saviour and my all in all from this day. Thank you Lord (read Ps.54 in closing and pray more).
HYMN: When The Power Of God Descended
1. Refer to the prayer points for today(Inspirational touch section in the website).
2. O God, you did not disappoint Hannah’s faith, mine too shall not be disappointed but honoured.
3. O God, make those mocking me bow to you through the manifestation of your hand upon my life.
3. Darts fired into my ears that I shall not hear good news, return to your senders by the fire of God.
4. Arrows hidden in my hands that I should not receive blessings, disappear back to your senders.
5. gods and powers holding the country of my birth in captivity, release me and forget about me.
6. Evil covenants signed onto by nationalists and other leaders of my nation, I break free from you by the blood of Jesus.
7. My life’s Uzziah, Goliath, Pharaoh, Herods, Nebuchadnezzars, Elis, Sennacheribs, Hamans, Sanballats, Tobiahs, Gechems and envious spiritual and physical household forces, let your existence be terminated and lose me and my breakthroughs (take these names one after the other in prayer. They represent different sort of enemies).
Copyright 2018 Express Image Glory Ministries. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten or redistributed without the written permission of the author