THE MESSAGE NOW
Vol. 3, No. 35 – Monday, 27th August, 2018
(Exodus 22, Matt.5:23-24, Luke 19:1-8)
THE DOCTRINE OF RESTITUTION
Welcome to the concluding part of the topic dealing with restitution which is one of the cardinal doctrines of the Bible.
In starting this concluding aspect of the topic, there is a need to understand certain facts:
- A church/ministry with the best message one can ever preach or listen to, but without sound doctrine or without adherence to the strict doctrines of the Bible, is a church/ministry which is not preparing its congregants for heaven.
- Restitution is a doctrine enshrined under the first part of the Bible being the Old Testament established by God for a purpose (see Exodus.22:28-30).
- Restitution has no separation from grace just as the Old Testament is indivisible from the New Testament. As a matter of spiritual fact, restitution is a function of grace. Why? It is by grace that we get to know and understand the will of God which includes God’s divinely-ordained doctrines enshrined in His word. Why Grace does what it does is the sole reason of making us become like Him who is grace-personified—to be holy onto Him. So then, so long as New Testament believers enjoy the benefits of grace, they must equally obey the dos and don’ts of grace which includes the doctrine of restitution.
- Does this then mean that there is no difference between law and grace? Are we still under the law and not under grace? These questions point us in the direction of the true character of grace. First, the availability of grace is never a panacea to disregard divinely-ordained doctrines, rules or even laws of any land or country so long as those rules and laws conform with the will of God. Second, the true character of grace is that grace is a remedy to the difficulties and challenges posed by any doctrine. As we shall soon see under the next set of facts, grace has not come to abolish the law but to alleviate the difficulties posed by them to man. How?
- There is no initial sign of surrenderedness to God after genuine salvation has been obtained than inner yieldedness which begins with the righteous intent to make right all wrongs known to that heart of that man and God but unknown to other people. Restitution therefore is the Christian act of making right all wrongs in order to have conscience void of offence towards God and towards man (Acts.24:16).
Zaccaeus’ scenario presents us with the opportunity for better understanding in this instance. Having obtained salvation through his encounter with the Blessed Son of God as evidenced in our third Scripture, Zaccaeus agrees before the Lord to take the next step of restituting even fourfold all that he had stolen or defrauded from other people.
There is a further lesson here. Does this mean that if I have stolen 10$ from my neighbour prior to my salvation experience, I need to repay back 40$? Herein comes the power of grace to salvage man (not from the law or doctrine) but from the difficulties posed by the law. Grace is essentially liberty (not frivolity) but liberty in the knowledge of Christ.
As a mark of liberty in Christ therefore, grace does not encumber, enslave or hold in bondage. As such, in restoring the stolen 10$, grace strengthens the Christian to prayerfully meet the defrauded person, confess the truth and hand over the exact amount stolen. And what a great joy follows after the obedience of restitution.
Obedience to the doctrine of restitution in every form it requires (be it in terms of making apologies for wrongs done, restoring stolen items or forgoing any man or woman who is not one’s rightful husband or wife) steers heaven into unusual pomp and pageantry of estatic celebration, opens the door for free flow of divine blessings and speeds up answers to prayers.
It is therefore the time to take a deep pause and ask ourselves a most important question. Sirs and madams! Are you being delayed in that bus-stop of life because of your refusal to do needed restitution? Believe me sirs and madams, if this is the case, the failure to have your prayers answered is not caused by a demon, devil or any of satan’s cohorts. Rather, it is being caused by you.
Here is the spiritual secret! The restitution one fails to do is known onto three personalties: Almighty God, satan and you. The moment the Blessed Holy Spirit pricks your conscience about any restitutions no matter how minute or how so big to do, when you fail to do it, a door is automatically opened for satan to come in and wreck some delay to your requests, wreck havoc, steal, kill or even destroy from you.
Is this then a good spiritual business bargain that one fails to do a restitution of just 10$ which one stole years ago and as a consequence, satan is therefore holding onto one’s marriage from being celebrated?
Mr sir! why are you sleeping with that lady whose dowry you have not paid? Understand that by that action, you are disrespecting that lady’s father (Exodus.22:16). The trouble there is that some one else is going to do it to your daughter at some point.
By that same action, it is a sound fact that you are equally poking that lady’s soul with dagger, piercing your own life and destiny with curses and hurting the Almighty God so badly. Indeed, do you understand that you are under a heavier divine curse if that lady was a virgin prior to your sleeping with her?
I plead with you by the mercies of God, restore that lady to her father, and if you do marry her at last, confess to the servant of God presiding over your wedding ceremony about that evil you did with her prior to the pronouncement of blessings on that wedding.
Otherwise, that marriage!!! Hmmm!!! Hmmm!!! Hmmm!!!
Dear lady sister, did your husband kickstart you sexually before paying your dowry? It is time to go to God on bended knees. Understand that there is a height destined for every marriage. Has your marriage attained that height?
There is equally a pinnacle of success destined for every life. Are you near it at all? Check it. Is your slow progress a result of your failure to do your restitution?
Finally, on a note of caution, do not take any step about any restitution until you have prayerfully sought divine guidance of God through the Holy Ghost or through God’s anointed servants. For every restitution requires these three: earnest prayers, wisdom and divinely-ordained counseling. For not all restitutions you will personally do. More anointed spiritual authorities may be the doer of some restitutions on your behalf. How? (Seek counseling for clarity on this).
IN THE END, NO MATTER HOW FERVENT ONE’S PRAYER MAY BE, THEY WILL NEVER MOUNT UP GREATER THAN YOUR LEVEL OF HOLINESS. PERFORMING RESTITUTION WHERE NECESSARY IS AN ASPECT OF HOLY LIVING. WILL YOUR PRAYERS ASCEND TO THE THRONE ROOM OF GOD FOR TREATMENT OF YOUR PRAYER FILES? YOU ALONE WILL TELL.
Question and Answer Session:
Question: How many of the Apostles of the Lord Jesus were fishermen?
Answer: Simon Peter and his brother Andrew, James and John (the sons of Zebedee).
Counselling, Prayers and Appointments: Please contact email@example.com or 08098198155.
Donations and Financial Supports – Please support the Kingdom of God through Christ Jesus by paying your hard-earned money to only this one account and no other: Express Image Glory Ministry, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Account number – 0020881228.
Further information: Be informed that this Ministry has only one Facebook page and no other. Any other facebook page or account is counterfeit. The pastor of this Ministry therefore pleads and urges you to desist from all such fake and ungodly facebook pages or accounts. Be informed also that there is only one medium for soliciting donations and that medium is via our weekly magazine – The Message Now through our facebook page or website: www.expressimageglory.com
Backslidden – living in sin – needing fresh recommitment (say):
Christ Jesus, You are the Anointed One of the Most High. I come to you today as I am. In your mercy, help me out of my situation. Heal my soul, my spirit, my body, my life and my destiny. I acknowledge you as the only true lover of my soul. Please, deliver me on every side and save me through and through. I promise from the depth of my soul to be yours from henceforth, in Jesus name. Help me now O God. Be my Lord, my Saviour and my all in all from this day. Thank you Lord (read Ps.54 in closing and pray more).
HYMN: Holiness On To The Lord
- Read Job.34:32 (and say): O God, show me my wrongs and the true picture of my life in preparation for heaven.
- O God, please make me pure as you are.
- O God, glorify your name in my life through the forthcoming Conference.
- O hand of God, brighten my spiritual vision to see what I need to see and know.
- Cage of darkness caging my destiny, glory and retarding spiritual life, be broken by the hand of God.
Copyright 2018 Express Image Glory Ministries. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten or redistributed without the written permission of the author