EXPRESS IMAGE GLORY MINISTRIES
THE MESSAGE NOW
Vol. 5, No. 17 – Sunday, 3rd May, 2020
THE RECOMMENDATION AND THE POWER OF HYGIENE
The content of Romans chapter 7:18 states: ‘for I know that in me (that is, in my flesh), dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not’.
Just as so discomforting is a dirty body to any person, so is a life paraded by sin so much discomforting to God. And who cannot tell of his own physical or spiritual condition by himself if such person is not to be most deceiving to himself?
Those who study that brand of social sciences known as behavioural science tell us that there are three ways through which a person’s psychometrics can be determined.
These three ways include: (1) by what that person acts or does. (2) by what that person says. And (3) by the testimony of others concerning that person.
Like the behavioural sciences, the hygiene character of a person tells so much about a person. How much one values his/her health, environment and even his/her finances is a clear indication of such person’s personalty dynamics. Of course, hygiene is a core aspect of everyone’s personalty dynamics.
Neatness, many generations have contended and concluded, is next to godliness. That cannot be far from the truth. For God Himself recommended unceasing hygiene in the course of carrying out bishoprick assignments.
Divers washings of the body before conducting any spiritual assignment or even before entering into the priesthood office was and still is a foremost criterion for acceptable service to our Maker.
Although the Old Testament was a shadow of the reality of the New Testament. Nevertheless, divine instruction to eschew uncleanness of the physical body was and remains mandatory for the priests.
Seriously speaking, by the continuous washing-of of the human body demanded by God in the Old Testament, The Almighty God was pointing to the purity of the heart much more to be emphasized later in the new Testament.
For the Spirit of God by the writings of the great Apostle Paul in Romans chapter 6:1-2 instructively informs that ‘…… shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid’….
It has and continues to be argued that what is good for the goose is equally good for the ganda. Therefore, if constant bathing and consistent washing-of of the body is so vitally important for the members of the priesthood, then there is no exception for anyone. Why? What is good for one is certainly good for all.
In our modern day as it was in ancient past, one for all is equal to all for one. If the war against the lack of hygiene is to be won and Covid 19 pandemic is to become a relick of a lost age, then the antidote is that everyone must become his brother’s keeper by maintaining the highest levels of hygiene.
The question is how?
- Stop the shameful habit of rough-handling money or writing on money notes.
- Cease from keeping dirty pans and plates in the wash-basin or zink overnight.
- Dirty husband who will not wash-up the seed of his body (semen) after the moment of intimate affair should immediately desist from such habit (see Lev.15:16-18).
- Women who care less about their menstrual pads and menstrual clothes should give their unclean actions a second thought (see Lev.15:19-27).
- Avoid dirty surfaces, dirty clothes, sweating and sweaty attires. Avoid soaking dirty clothes for too long also.
- Use sanitizers, izals, bleach, detergents and other disinfectants very regularly.
- Children’s toys and playkits should be disinfected or soaked into warm water before they are handed over to them. And should such toys and playkits still fall on the ground afterwards, they should be disinfected again.
- Refuse to eat food already dropped onto the floor and do not allow your children do the same.
- As a health worker or a political ‘animal’ (using the language of Plato), who is saddled with the responsibility of taking certain decision with respect to people’s health during this time, don’t inflate figures in order to justify your corrupt spending because if Covid 19 does not get you, your lies will catch up with you some day, and be sure that that will be more disastrous for you.
- Use face masks.
- Maintain the highest standard of holy living. Remember that holiness is a shield; it saves from satan and can even save from corona-virus.
- Be informed that before the next person you are the first beneficiary for keeping to the strict rules of hygiene. And why won’t you pursue to your favour that which will be of immense benefit to you?
- Maintain some distance when you are involved in conversation with another. For Aaron the priest of the Most High distanced himself from the rest of the people during the performance of priestly assignment (Lev.16:17).
- Pastors, please avoid laying hands suddenly on anyone except when you are so directed by the Spirit of God. For if corona-virus cannot get you, remember: ‘lay hands suddenly on no one. Be not partakers of other men’s sins’ (1 Tim.5:22).
- Make it a duty to ‘afflict your soul’ at least once a week with fasting. If anything, fasting has a way of sanitizing the soul; it is at all times a spiritual cleanser.
- Parents, please stop french-kissing your children early in the morning with unwashed mouth all in the name of love. If you truly love them, you will sanitise that mouth with quality paste and effective brushing first before kissing them. All through out the night whilst your mouth was closed, it had become a household accommodating all forms of bacteria. Don’t spread such into those innocent children during that unwarranted French-kissing.
IN THE END, SEE TO IT THAT YOU DO NOT FLOUT DIVINE GUIDANCE. FOR OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS AND LEADS INTO THE PATH OF SAFETY. BUT DISOBEDIENCE INCURS THE EXACT OPPOSITE LEADING TO PAIN AND SOMETIMES EARLY GRAVE. AS SUCH, EMBRACE PHYSICAL HYGIENE, VALUE AND CONSTANTLY PRACTICE HOLY LIVING. THEY SHALL BOTH BE PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL SHIELDS FOR YOUR SURE SECURITY AND SAFETY.
Question and Answer Section
Question: The great questions again! Do you serve God with joyful heart or with reluctance? How much hurt is in your soul against that fellow? Won’t rather forgive them and forget their mischief so that you can rightly serve your loving Father? When was the last time you smiled genuinely and truly from your heart about yourself bearing in mind the bright days to come? when was the last time you heard a force praying within your belly without your consciousness? When was the last time you gave some thing to support God’s work apart from your tithes and offerings? When was the last time you supported any man to fulfill a divine or a personal agenda? When was the last time you put smile on the face of someone?
Counseling, Prayers and Appointments: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, meet us every Sunday at the address below:
Suit 26, 2nd Floor, Nikky Africana Plaza, 70C Allen Avenue, Opposite UBA/MTN Office, Ikeja, Lagos.
Donations and Financial Supports – Please support the Kingdom of God through Christ Jesus in this Ministry by paying your hard-earned money to only this one account and no other: Express Image Glory Ministry, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Account number – 0020881228.
Further information: Be informed that this Ministry has only one Facebook page and no other. Any other Facebook page or bank account is counterfeit. Any Concerns or questions about this facebook page or bank account should be directed to: email@example.com The General Superintendent Minister of this Ministry therefore pleads and urges you to desist from all such fake and ungodly Facebook pages or accounts. Be informed also that there is only one medium for soliciting donations and that medium is via our weekly magazine – The Message Now through our Facebook page or website: www.expressimageglory.com
Backslidden – living in sin – needing fresh recommitment (say):
Christ Jesus, You are the Anointed One of the Most High. I come to you today as I am. In your mercy, help me out of my situation. Heal my soul, my spirit, my body, my life and my destiny. I acknowledge you as the only true lover of my soul. Please, deliver me on every side and save me through and through. I promise from the depth of my soul to be yours from henceforth, in Jesus name. Help me now O God. Be my Lord, my Saviour and my all in all from this day. Thank you Lord (read Ps.54 in closing and pray more).
HYMN: Throw Out The Life Line
1. Pray for that child whose bone was being cracked by that tiger in the revelation given to me; that that tiger would rather die before it is able to perform its demonic assignment.
2. O God, let this era of Covid 19 be for me and my household a season of unusual breakthrough.
3. O God, dislodge and disappoint workers of iniquity, falsity and flatteries in this season of Covid 19.
4. O God, surprise nations and your children with unusual economic and financial prosperity the season of Covid 19.
5. Mighty God, make me obedient to your instructions at all times and help me to stop struggling with you.
6. Who is holding onto my prosperity virtue? After the order of Hebrew chapter 1:14, I assign the angels of God against you to recover my lot from you.
Present your personal petitions.