THE MESSAGE NOW
Vol. 4, No. 37- Monday 30th September, 2019
WAITING ON GOD
Text: Psalm 25:1-5
Waiting on God is depending unceasingly and entirely upon Him. When we wait on God, our eyes, thoughts and desires are on Him and not on ourselves, any other person or creature. This is because all good things and all perfect gifts come from Him. We do pray and fast to get our needs met by God.
In life, there are many needs to be met: strong enemies against whom our human strength is utterly insufficient; difficult decisions to make; spiritual and material blessings we desire to have; guidance and instructions we desire to receive from God. There are prayers offered for the saints, the church, ourselves and other persons in respect of which we expect answers.
All these demand our patiently waiting on God. “For ye have need of patience, that after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise”(Hebrews 10:36).
Whenever we are waiting on God, we must do so with assurance in our heart that God is Almighty, loving and faithful. He does not fail nor disappoint His People: “…not one thing hath failed to all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you and not one thing hath failed thereof “(Joshua 23:14).
As we wait, our heart must keep away from everything that is sinful and evil or having appearance of evil. Also, we must be totally obedient to His commands.
Our waiting on God can never be in vain if we do not cast away our confidence which have great recompense of reward (Hebrews 10:35). There is certainty of blessing for us. He will reveal Himself to save, to guide and fulfil all His promises.
The admonition for every child of God is “wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord” (Psalm 27:14).
In our coming conference, look up to God He will do the seemingly impossible in your life.
In The End: Waiting on God means having faith in God and trusting Him to do what He promised which only Him can do.
Question and answer
Q- What service did Nehimiah perform for king Artaxerxes
A- Cupbearer (Neh 1:11)
Hymn: My faith looks up to thee
1. Father I look up to you today, open up my heaven by your grace and mercy.
2. Dan 10:13; Father I look up to you, command all my delayed miracle to locate me now.
3. Gen 1:3, I look up to you, oh God, speak a word of change into my life now.
4. Gen 1:3; Father command your light to shine upon every dark area of my life.
5. Psalm 25:3; Father I wait on you, let me not be put to shame but shame my mockers.
6. In this coming conference, let down your power upon us, bring as many as you have appointed for salvation and give us all round provisions.
7. In this coming conference, Father prepare me and establish your covenant of grace, favour and mercy in my life.
8. Luke 4:18, Father anoint Pastor Mike specially for this coming conference In Jesus Name.
ISREAL ADE-RAYMOND EBO